HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION ?
To enter this competition all participants must submit a paper
(following the same SMACD 2019 submission guidelines) with the
application or problem of their choice being addressed, the solution
provided, and, how it could be implemented.
The first author of the submission and presenter at the conference
must be a MSc or a PhD student!
Topics of Interest
This event is seeking novel contributions aligned with the topics of interest of SMACD 2019, with focus on, but not limited to the following:
- Power and Energy management systems;
- Efficient power conversion;
- Linear and switching power supplies;
- Energy harvesting;
- Wireless power transfer;
- Low power solutions;
- Passive and active devices for power electronics.
A jury of experts formed by representatives from the Industry and University will select the winner(s) based on the quality of the paper, presentation and pitch at the conference, using the following criteria::
- Level of innovation and impact on real-world;
- Clarity of the solution and results presented in the paper (concept, experimental and/or prototype);
- Applicability of the proposal (e.g., general approach or restricted to special problems);
- Scalability and flexibility towards larger or smaller power levels;
- Potential for commercialization.
- All accepted submissions in the competition will be presented by the students in a Special Session and Pitch contest at the conference and published in the conference proceedings.
- Papers not accepted for the “Powering the Smarts” short-list event will still be considered by the TPC for the SMACD 2019 regular sessions.