Topics of Interest
Modeling, simulation and synthesis for
analog, mixed-signal, RF, multidomain (such
as MEMS, nanoelectronic, optoelectronic,
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION ?
All participants must submit a paper (following the same SMACD
2019 submission guidelines) with a description of the methodology
and/or tool, the design problem of their choice and the solution
provided by their methodology and/or tool.
The first author of the submission and presenter at the conference
must be a MSc or a PhD student!
- 8th March 2019
- Paper Submission Deadline
- 19th April 2019
- Author Notification
- 3rd May 2019
- Camera Ready Paper Submission
- 3rd May 2019
- Early Registration Deadline
A Judging Committee will select the winner(s) based on the quality of the
paper, of its presentation at the conference and the live demonstration,
using the following criteria:
- Complexity of the problem posed in the paper.
- Level of automation (e.g., fully automated, user-assisted, etc.).
- Designer interface (e.g., problem setup, result analysis, etc.).
- Applicability of the proposal (e.g., general approach or restricted to
special problems, circuit classes or sizes, etc.).
- Robustness of the design solutions (e.g.,
against parasitics, variability, etc.) and of
the proposal itself (e.g. convergence,
insensitivity to input and/or
starting values, etc.).
- Integration degree with commercial design suites and design
methodologies (e.g., import and export data from these suites,
usability in one or more steps of current design flows, etc.).
- All accepted submissions in the competition
will be presented by the students in special
sessions at the conference and published in
the conference proceedings.
- The presenters must perform a live demo of
the methodologies and/or tool.
- SMACD organization guarantees internet
connection to all participants, but required
CAD tools or design kits licensing is in
responsibility of each participant.
- Papers not accepted for the competition
short-list event will still be considered by the
technical program commitee for the SMACD
2019 regular sessions.